Tuesday, July 13, 2010

meet the parents




so, the boy flew across the country with me to meet my father. and oh how he was nervous!!!!

contrary to common belief, my father is rather accepting, well he accepted my ex and what a selfish immature rde guy he turned out to be. I like the way my father approaches these kinds of things, he points out what he likes and ignores or omitts the things he doesn't like about them.

so he doesn't lie

but he accepts

after all, according to him the best way for me to find what i like is without the influence of others.... more on that later

so when i brought him to my dad's place and the two finally met, it was such a joy to see the two get along to well. In fact, it was rather well. It surprised me.

He fit in perfectly into my family, and even my friends all the way back in my home town. Its like he trully belonged. And of that I am so happy.



but on the same note, it was bizarre. the whole experience just didn't quite seem right. I mean, I sort of live two lives at the moment. One back in my home town (which i love and dream of going back to) and one where I am now...where I moved for study and have patched together a life around that. And then the weeks just gone, these two world's collided, and I was somewhat caught in the middle.

It makes me hesitate to think that maybe I am two different people in my two different worlds. Is it possible that you adapt yourself to your environment?

I find this a little disturbing where I desire people to be true to themselves, show their true colours to the world and be acepted for it. Perhaps I deep down inside am scared about what people think of me, and therefore adjust. And oh how I want to be the change I want to see in the world. Is it possible?

1 comment:

blanc said...

i'd like to think that we are the same people. but we are thrown into different situations and we respond as our true selves would. and in turn we do change a little through the little experiences that we go through. and people that have not seen you in that situation/experience/place will obviously find it new and different. its nature vs nurture.